Red Deer Arson Charges – Get a Lawyer.
The sections of the Criminal Code that deal with arson are primarily sections 433 through 436. Here are the main headings:
- Section 433 – Arson / Disregard for human life. (See below for the exact wording of this section.) This is an indictable offence and carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.
- Section 434 – Arson / Damage to property.
- Section 434.1 – Arson / Own property.
- Section 435 – Arson For Fraudulent Purpose / Holder or beneficiary of fire insurance policy.
- Section 436 – Arson By Negligence / Non-compliance with prevention laws.
- Section 436.1 – Possession of Incendiary Material
Arson As Defined In The Criminal Code
433. Every person who intentionally or recklessly causes damage by fire or explosion to property, whether or not that person owns the property, is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life where
(a) the person knows that or is reckless with respect to whether the property is inhabited or occupied; or
(b) the fire or explosion causes bodily harm to another person.
Red Deer, Edmonton, Calgary, Rocky Mountain House, Stettler, Rimbey, Didsbury, Ponoka, Lacombe, Wainwright, Killam, Leduc, Wetaskiwin, Swan Hills, Whitecourt, Camrose, Airdrie, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie – anywhere in Alberta for a criminal law lawyer.