Sex Crimes Lawyer in Red Deer
Sex crimes have long been a part of the criminal law in Canada. Canadian culture values the integrity of the person. Sex crimes violate that integrity and so are taken very seriously by the Canadian criminal justice system.
Evidentiary matters in sex crimes are often made complicated and unsavory due to the fact that very often only the victim and the accused were present at the time of the alleged offence. They can often come down to a “he said, she said” battle, which legally can be advantageous to an accused based on the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision in R. v. W.(D.) (1991) 63 C.C.C. (3d) 397.
Sex crimes can include:
- Sexual assault
- Sexual assault causing bodily harm
- Causing death while committing sexual assault
- Sexual assault with a weapon
- Online, Digital and Other Child Pornography
- Adultery, corrupting children
- Anal intercourse (certain situations)
- Common bawdy house
- Immoral theatrical performances
- Indecent exhibition
- Indecent exposure
- Mailing obscene matter
- Removal of children from Canada for sexual purposes
- Sexual interference
- Sexual exploitation
- Sexual touching (invitation to person under 16 years old)
- Stupefying drugs to person for sexual intercourse
- Publishing obscene material
- Sexual exploitation by person in position of trust
Sentencing for sex crimes almost always involve jail time and many sex crimes have mandatory minimum jail sentences that go along with them.
Patrick Penny is an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer for sexual assault cases. He frequently represents people on these types of charges. Whatever the situation, if you have been charged with sexual assault, Patrick Penny can help.
You need experienced counsel to protect your rights and to make sure that the procedural safeguards that are part of the law are respected.
Patrick Penny has years of experience in navigating the criminal courts in Red Deer and elsewhere in the province of Alberta (and before Alberta in both British Columbia and New Brunswick).
Patrick Penny: (403) 342-9595.
Red Deer, Edmonton, Calgary, Rocky Mountain House, Stettler, Rimbey, Didsbury, Ponoka, Lacombe, Wainwright, Killam, Leduc, Wetaskiwin, Swan Hills, Whitecourt, Camrose, Airdrie, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie – anywhere in Alberta for a criminal law lawyer.